Our Patterns of Worship
Our usual patterns of worship were disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, but restrictions are gradually easing. We have returned to worshipping in the church building, and to singing hymns again during our Sunday morning services, but there remain some differences from our more traditional arrangements.
Attending Worship at St Augustine’s Scaynes Hill while Covid-19 Remains
We look forward to welcoming you into church for our worship.
Before you come please take note of the information below which will help to keep you and everyone else safe. We completely understand if you are not ready to come back to church yet, so there will still be an opportunity to join us online as our main Sunday morning worship service will continue to be live streamed.
Please ask if you have any questions.
Rev Beverley, David, and Kelvin
The government has now relaxed its restrictions on worship in indoor settings, but we have decided to take a graduated approach in line with the Church of England guidance, and have therefore made the following decisions to protect the wellbeing of our congregation and visitors.
- You do not need to pre-book a place. We can comfortably accommodate people seated at one metre intervals from those not in their own circle of family/friends, so you can just come along.
- We ask you to consider your own risk of attending an indoor gathering.
- It is no longer necessary to wear a face mask/covering inside the church, although you may continue to wear one if you prefer to do so.
It would be helpful if you would continue to:
- Sanitise your hands on entering the building.
We will do the following to help you feel comfortable:
- The Peace will be shared at a distance, by waving and smiling — which should be more noticeable now masks are no longer mandatory — rather than by physical contact.
- At a Communion service, only bread will be distributed.
- The priest will wear a mask and sanitize their hands before distribution.
- Sanitise your hands before receiving Holy Communion.
- If you do not want to receive communion for any reason — just bow your head for a blessing or stay in your seat.
- If you wish to have HC in your seat, please let the warden know when you arrive.
We continue to hope for a time when we can dispense with all these precautionary plans… but for now…
Keep safe: keep praying: keep caring for each other.
Beverley 07786 924 942