Our Patterns of Worship
Our usual patterns of worship have been disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, but restrictions are currently easing. We are now able to return to worshipping in the church building, though with some changes from our more traditional arrangements.
Attending Worship at St Augustine’s Scaynes Hill Summer 2021 – What To Expect!
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back into church for worship.
Before you come please take note of this information, which will help to keep you and everyone else safe. We completely understand if you are not ready to come back to church yet — there will still be an opportunity to join us online
Please ask if you have any questions.
Rev Beverley, Mark and Jenny
- We can accommodate between 20 and 30 people at a service depending on bubble size, so you will need to book a seat.
- Bookings will be accepted on a Tuesday or Thursday prior to the Sunday service through Debbie at email@example.com or by telephone on 01444 831013. Your email booking is confirmed once you receive a reply from Debbie. Debbie will draw up the seating plan on a Thursday afternoon. If, in exceptional circumstances, you need to place a booking after Thursday, please ring Debbie on 01444 831893 — and not on the number in the parish directory, which is wrong!
- If we have an excess number at one service, you will be offered a place at the other service. Should numbers be regularly exceeded at one service, then places at that service will be offered on a rotating basis.
- We will take your contact details. These will be kept for 3 weeks and given to NHS Track and Trace if someone from the service later tests positive for coronavirus. They will only be used for this purpose and securely disposed of.
Making the decision to attend
- We ask you to consider your own risk of attending an indoor gathering. While we will be taking steps to keep you safe, we cannot make this risk-free. You might want to look at the NHS guidance on whether you are at higher risk of coronavirus and be guided by their advice: see below.
- We ask you NOT to attend the service if you have:
- a new cough;
- a temperature;
- lost your sense of smell or taste.
Guidelines for being in church
- We have hand sanitiser but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Wear a face mask/covering in church.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Children are welcome but we ask that you keep them with you at all times. We cannot offer children’s groups or shared toys.
- The Front Door will open 15 minutes before the service.
- Please wait in a socially distanced way.
- Sanitise your hands as you go through the porch.
- The welcomers will check your booking details and show you where to sit.
- Go straight to your allocated seat.
During the Service
- The doors will remain open during the service to allow for ventilation. It may be a little cooler than you expect.
- The words you need for the service will be on your seat.
- There will be no singing during the service due to risk of aerosol droplet spread.
- Say your responses quietly and prayerfully due to risk of aerosol droplet spread.
- At a Communion service, only bread will be distributed.
- The priest will wear a mask and sanitize their hands before distribution.
- The bread will be distributed from in front of the screen.
- You will remain standing to receive.
- Please wait in socially distanced queue and return to your seat avoiding others.
- Sanitise your hands before receiving Holy Communion.
- If you do not want to receive communion for any reason — just bow your head for a blessing or stay in your seat.
- If you wish to have HC in your seat, please let the warden know when you arrive.
At the end of the service
- Leave one row at a time staying 2m apart from people from other households.
- Please take pew sheets home with you.
- Leave service booklets in the box provided on your way out to be quarantined.
- The digital donations machine will be available to use in the annexe lobby.
- Please do not stop to chat while leaving the building.
- Please do not block other people’s exit from the building.
Tell us if you test positive for coronavirus up to three weeks after the service.
Keep safe: keep praying: keep caring for each other: keep in touch.
07786 924 942
Those of an enquiring disposition may also view the pre-pandemic version of the worship page.