Our Patterns of Worship
Our usual patterns of worship have been disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, but restrictions are currently easing. We are now able to return to worshipping in the church building, though with some changes from our more traditional arrangements.
Attending Worship at St Augustine’s Scaynes Hill from 1st August 2021
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back into church for our Sunday morning 10:00 am worship.
Before you come please take note of the information below which will help to keep you and everyone else safe. We completely understand if you are not ready to come back to church yet, so there will still be an opportunity to join us online as our main Sunday morning worship service will continue to be live streamed.
We are introducing new worship opportunities from September on some afternoons and evenings with a diverse range of styles and expressions.
Please ask if you have any questions.
Rev Beverley, Jenny and David
The government has now relaxed its restrictions on worship in indoor settings, but we have decided to take a graduated approach in line with the Church of England guidance, and have therefore made the following decisions to protect the wellbeing of our congregation and visitors.
- You will no longer need to pre-book a place as we can comfortably accommodate people seated at one metre intervals from those not in their own circle of family/friends. So you can just come along.
- We will ask for your contact details. These will be kept for 3 weeks and given to NHS Track and Trace if someone from the service later tests positive for coronavirus. They will only be used for this purpose and securely disposed of. Tell us if you test positive for coronavirus up to three weeks after the service.
- We ask you to consider your own risk of attending an indoor gathering.
It would be helpful if you would continue to:
- Sanitise your hands on entering the building.
- Wear a face mask/covering inside the church.
- Sit and maintain a one metre social distance at all times from those not in your own bubble.
We will do the following to help you feel comfortable:
- The doors will remain open during the service to allow for ventilation.
- At a Communion service, only bread will be distributed.
- The priest will wear a mask and sanitize their hands before distribution.
- You will remain standing to receive.
- Please wait in a socially distanced manner and return to your seat avoiding others.
- Sanitise your hands before receiving Holy Communion.
- If you do not want to receive communion for any reason — just bow your head for a blessing or stay in your seat.
- If you wish to have HC in your seat, please let the warden know when you arrive.
- Congregational singing indoors will be introduced gradually from September.
We continue to hope for a time when we can dispense with all these precautionary plans… but for now…
Keep safe: keep praying: keep caring for each other.
Beverley 07786 924 942
Those of an enquiring disposition may also view the pre-pandemic version of the worship page.