It is important for you to appreciate that the St Augustine’s Church website provides numerous links to other independent sites. This policy applies only to direct accesses to the St Augustine’s Church website - URLs starting http://sash.org.uk or http://www.sash.org.uk.
As with the vast majority of websites, the St Augustine’s Church automatically logs certain information about every request made of it (see below for more details). This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information will be kept but may be reviewed periodically.
It is possible that relevant subsets of these data may be passed to computer security teams as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site or other computing equipment operated by the same host. Data may also on occasion be passed to the administrators of other computer systems to enable investigation of problems accessing this site or of system misconfigurations. This site has been running since 2007, and so far no such data have been passed on to any group or organisation. Otherwise the logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law. Summary statistics are extracted from these data and some of these may be made publicly available, but those that are do not include information from which individuals could be identified.
No other user data are collected by this site.
Before 26th May 2012, when new privacy laws came into effect in the UK, this site used cookies (small files stored on your computer's hard drive) to assist in analysing site use. Since then, in order to avoid any possible transgression of the law, no further cookies are being placed on visitors’ computers, though those already in place were not deleted. None of these cookies have been used by this site since 2012.
The following data are automatically logged for each request:
- The name or network address of the computer making the request. Note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that the data recorded may be those of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client.
- The date and time of connection.
- The HTTP request, which contains the identification of the document requested.
- The status code of the request (success or failure etc.).
- The number of data bytes sent in response.
- The contents of the HTTP Referrer header supplied by the browser.
- The content of the HTTP User-Agent header supplied by the browser.
- Logging of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
This policy may change from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.
For further information, please contact the website administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.