Safeguarding Policies, Procedures and Guidance for St Augustine’s
Although we have a designated Safeguarding Officer, Nic Calvey, it is important that everyone should become familiar with our Safeguarding Policies. Ensuring the safety of the vulnerable, young, old, or anywhere between, is the responsibility and duty of us all.
- Safeguarding Policy 2019-20
- Behaviour Code for Adults Working with Children and Young People
- Procedure for Dealing with Concerns about a Child
- Parish Safety Policy for Online Activity and Communication
- Behaviour Code for Working with Adults
- Policy and Guidance for Expressing Concerns and “Whistleblowing”
- Policy and Guidance for Responding to Safeguarding Allegations in the Parish
You can contact Nic at email@example.com.
You may find the following links from the wider world beyond St Augustine’s Church to be useful:
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please go to the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111.
- If you are an adult you can access support about something that is happening to you. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact.
- If you need to, you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team.
- If you need to, you can report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, by following that link, clicking on the option on the left that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and following the advice and further links you find there. Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well once you have contacted the statutory authorities.