IMPORTANT NEWS — updated 29th July 2020
We have new arrangements while the pandemic remains a problem. Some services are being resumed in the church building, but these are short, said eucharists, with restrictions upon how many people can attend, and upon how they may behave when they do. To book a place, you MUST contact Mark the churchwarden on or before the Friday preceding the service you hope to attend. The online services will continue as they have been doing for the foreseeable future — although, at present, the foreseeable future is of highly uncertain extent.
- At 9:00 am on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of the month there will be a said communion in the church, subject to the restrictions described above.
- At 10:00 am on the 1st Sunday of the month there will be an online all-age morning worship service.
- At 10:00 am on the 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month there will be an online morning worship service.
- At 10:00 am on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month there will be an online holy communion service.
There is also a slight change to when the church will be open for private prayer.
- All Tuesdays: 9.00 am — 6.00 pm.
- The 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month: 9.00 am — 6.00 pm:
- On the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of the month, the church will be cleaned after the service, and will then stay open until 6:00 pm.
The best way to keep informed about arrangements is to consult the Newsletters; these are available through the menu on the left of the page or the most recently uploaded one can be found at https://sash.org.uk/e-letters/latest.pdf.
Online Sunday Services
Saint Augustine’s Church now has its own YouTube channel, on which it is intended that our 10:00 am Sunday services will be available during the period of restrictions required to reduce the impact of the pandemic. It can now (since 23rd July 2020) be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYBIuyAatl5kfw5dcthxF-w, and we hope you will visit it, and join in, though at a distance, with our Sunday worship.
Online Thursday Prayer
The Church of Saint Augustine of Canterbury is in Church Road, Scaynes Hill, West Sussex, RH17 7NY, in the United Kingdom. The village of Scaynes Hill is on the A272 a few miles east of Haywards Heath, and Saint Augustine’s Church is at the corner of St Augustine’s Close and Church Road, which is the principal road in Scaynes Hill that runs north from the A272.
You can get a map at Streetmap.