Links to Other Websites
Here are some links to external websites that we hope may be of interest, but over the content of which we have no control. They are arranged in loosely thematic sections, to enable each to be reached more easily.
The list may be amended or augmented as time goes by.
Types of Link
- The Anglican Communion
- Official web pages from the Church of England
- The official website of the Diocese of Chichester (including IDWAL link)
- Ecumenical Christian Organisations
- Learning about Christianity
- Prayer resources
- Online Bibles
- Social Justice and the Church in Society
- Other Organisations
The World-Wide Anglican Communion
The Church of England
- Home page
- Common Worship
- Archbishop of Canterbury
- A Church Near You is a website for finding the nearest Church of England church to a location — just in case you are too far from Scaynes Hill to worship with us.
Diocese of Chichester
Ecumenical Christian Organisations
- World Council of Churches
- Conference of European Churches
- Churches Together in Britain and Ireland
- Churches Together in England
Learning about Christianity
- Church on the Net, which describes itself as “The place to Explore Christianity”
- The Christian Enquiry Agency — pressure–free information about Jesus and Christianity
- ReJesus — helping to explain what it means to be a Christian
- What it means to be an Anglican Christian
- The Alpha Course, providing a structured introduction to Christianity for those who are interested in learning more about it, or a refresher for those who are more familiar with it — wherever you are, there is probably one running near you!
The links in the following table are from the Daily Prayer pages of the official website of the Church of England, and offer Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer according to the the usages of Common Worship or the Book of Common Prayer (BCP), and Night Prayer in traditional or contemporary language.
|Common Worship Morning Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
|Common Worship Evening Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
|Contemporary Night Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
|BCP Morning Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
|BCP Evening Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
|Traditional Night Prayer||Yesterday||Today||Tomorrow|
- Bible Study Tools Advanced Search — more than twenty searchable English–language versions of the Bible, and a few in other European languages
- Bible Gateway — more than twenty searchable English–language versions of the Bible, and plenty in other languages
- Oremus Bible Browser — a simpler website, with the New Revised Standard Version and the Authorised Version, plus three liturgical psalters (the Psalms for reading aloud in worship)
Social Justice and the Church in Society
- Family Support Work — a Chichester Diocesan association supporting families in need throughout Sussex
- Fairtrade — getting a better deal for disadvantaged producers in the third world
- The Children’s Society
- Christian Aid
- Release International — a voice for Christians who are being persecuted for their faith.
Links to other organisations
- Scaynes Hill Village Website — the central site for all your information about the village of Scaynes Hill.
- St Augustine’s School — the local Church of England Primary School in Vicarage Lane, Scaynes Hill, which has a number of links with our church.
- Sussex Historic Churches Trust
- Lindfield Rural Parish Council
- Scaynes Hill Millennium Village Centre
- Micklepage Farm — an old farmhouse and barn with a unique barn-chapel, available for retreats and meetings.
- St Bartz — a former church, now a residential retreat/conference centre in the heart of the East Sussex countryside near Barcombe Cross.